Clinical Hypnosis and EMDR has been used to help athletes, business professionals, first responders, artists, and students improve their performance by helping them develop and strengthen the mental and cognitive characteristics necessary for success. They can also help people overcome performance anxiety and get past the things that interfere with performance.
Peak Performance is influenced by many mental and cognitive factors. Characteristics of peak performance include the ability to concentrate on the task at hand and have control over your thoughts, emotions, and activation. It requires being in a physical and mental state of relaxation, while also being on high alert. Peak performance involves a certain level of confidence paired with being unafraid to fail. The performance will also feel automatic and is perceived as effortless.
Factors that can influence performance include one’s level of motivation, internal dialogue (negative/positive self talk), perceived effort, previous positive or negative experiences associated with the task, and how one thinks about their ability to cope with task related stressors, such as weather, competition, pain, and pressure to perform.
EMDR and Hypnosis can help:
- Get past a negative performance or big loss.
- Improve focus and concentration.
- Manage emotions.
- Prepare for “what if” scenarios.
- Get in the optimal zone for peak performance.
- Develop new skills and techniques.
- Reduce performance anxiety.
- Conquer fears.
- Change a negative internal dialogue.
- Alter perception of pain.
- Enhance healing from injury.
- Improve healthy habits including nutrition, weight control, sleep, substance abuse, self care/balance, etc.