We specialize in providing confidential support to emergency responders and public safety personnel. Emergency Responders include Law Enforcement, Fire Services, Corrections, Nursing, Dispatch, Victim Advocates and EMS. These groups experience daily career exposure to acute stress and trauma. Exposure to chronic work-related stress such as undesirable work schedules, the court system, the media, the administration, the public, violence and human suffering can negatively impact physical health, mental health, job performance, morale and family life.
Most first responders are reluctant to seek help for themselves. They are usually the “helpers” and value their strength, bravery and resilience. Seeking support is a sign of strength and can help treat or prevent the symptoms related to the chronic stress and trauma inherent to the job.
Early and preventative treatments may benefit first responders by:
- Improving quality of life and the impact stress has on families of first responders
- Reducing job-related stress injuries and post traumatic stress symptoms
- Reducing stress related medical problems
- Improving job performance and reducing sick time/leaves from work
- Reducing suicide rates
Services we offer first responders:
Individual EMDR Therapy
An effective treatment for first responders and others who want faster results than “talk therapy”.
Do you have these common signs of stress and stress injury among emergency responders? We can help.
- Feeling sad
- Sleep problems
- Muscle tension
- Low energy
- Increased alcohol use or gambling
- Intrusive thoughts
- Negative attitude
- Poor performance
- Increased use of sick days
- Marital problems
- Low job satisfaction
- More cynical
- Medical problems (gastrointestinal, blood pressure, weight gain, injuries)